Saturday, February 11, 2012

8 years ago today...

I went to my 36 week OB appointment. I was tired of being pregnant and hadn't felt real great that week.


They did the routine stuff, peed in a cup, got my blood pressure taken, etc. Things got pretty serious and they took my BP a few more times. As it turned out I had Pre-eclampsia and they were worried so they sent me to the hospital for observation. Adrian was in the process of heading to the airport for St. Louis and my doctor said to call and have him come back.

So I leave the OB office and drove myself in a wicked bad snowstorm to the hospital. My mom (she worked at the doctor's office) offered to go with me but I declined because it didn't seem like a big deal.

Turns out it was a big deal since I ended up having a baby the next day! Thomas Alan Michael Dater was literally pulled into the world on February 12, 2004 and changed my life forever.





You love your spouse and you love your family but loving your child is completely different. Tommy has made our lives so much better. He's smart and funny and sassy and he keeps us on our toes. He's the perfect blend of Adrian and me.   Happy Birthday Tommy!  Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment