Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Apparently I have been busy because it's been a couple of months since I have updated my blog.  A lot of things have happened, some happy, some sad...

Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving I've been thinking about all I have to be thankful for.  A two of my friends have suffered the horrible loss of their husbands (and in one case, her husband and young son).  I can't imagine my life without Tommy and Adrian, so I am very thankful for them, the loves of my life. 

My heart and thoughts are with Cara and Pearl, Tami and Chloe and Ethan, Sherrill and the Rudas...family is everything and the loss of family is unfathomable.  My thoughts are with them this Thanksgiving as they gather with friend and family and remember those who are gone.

I'm also thankful for a lot of other stuff, aside from my immediate family:

The Real Housewives of Adams County, who provide tons of laughs and fun.

Susan, my fellow democrat, who drank with me on election night whilst we sweated the results.

Loud Mouth golf clothes, because they are bright and fun.

Rhoda, my snuggly little dog, who I adore.

Vodka...enough said.

Botox, so I don't look like such a people hater all of the time.

My nieces, Lexi and Ally, who allow me to know what it would be like to have daughters

Modern medicine, which helped Tommy with a small nervous tic problem, and made him a much happier child.  Man, I love that kid.

Modern medicine, which helps me with pesky problems like hormones and hot flashes and makes me a much happier mommy.

Vodka...oh yeah, I said that one already.  OK, I'll be specific...Flavored vodka...

Bacon

All of these little things get me though the rough times.  I couldn't do it without family, friends, and apparently booze and pills.

I love you all, enjoy the frenzy of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, and send out some good thoughts to my friends during this most difficult time of year.

Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment