Thursday, March 1, 2012

Losing weight sucks

The benefits are great, like I have a new wardrobe of things that haven't fit in a long time, but the actual process isn't fun.

I've been going to a place to help me with this, and after a month I was doing pretty good, down 10 pounds and almost 17 pounds from the week after Christmas.  This week came to a screeching halt.  The scale didn't move one iota.  Normally that would send me into a tailspin, a major binge in all things lethal to weight loss.  You know, french fries...oh who am I kidding, ANYTHING fried, and if it's a donut, even better.  Sweets are my biggest downfall, a handful of m&m's here, a milkshake here, a brownie there.  Yeah, that's how I got myself into this situation.

So anyway, at my first appointment the weight loss place lady told me 1400 calories per day, which was more than I was eating, so it sounded good to me.  As I said, I was doing fine until this week.

Now I see this guy I call Nurse Ratchet.  He told me I should be at 1100 calories per day.  Let me put this into perspective for you.

The Oriental Grilled Chicken Salad at Applesbees is 1,270 calories.  For a damn SALAD with GRILLED chicken.  Not even the crispy chicken which adds 70 calories.  Hell, for 70 calories (equates to 7 peanut m&m's by the way) give me the crispy!

A piece of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory...wait for it...1,090.  Even if you share it with someone it's 500 calories!

A Sonic Cheeseburger, hold the mayo thankyouverymuch...720!  That doesn't include fries either.

Now let's look at it from the other side.  1,100 calories equals:

16.9 Vodka Soda Cocktails.  Yes, I can drink this many, maybe, but only in Vegas
110 Peanut m&m's (yes, I am fixated on this)
7.3 Crunchy Fresco Tacos from Taco Bell
12.9 apples

I'm pretty sure none of the above will keep me very full for a day, except maybe the apples.  If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, what will 12.9 apples do for you?  I'm scared to know.

So I'll keep trucking along denying myself the things I love most, but I will tell you this:  Fitting into a size smaller, or something I haven't worn since Milli Vanilli was popular, feels much better than any donut or cheeseburger, or even my beloved m&m's EVER did.

No comments:

Post a Comment